Thursday, December 31, 2015

Looking back...

2015 was difficult for me.

It started with me having to put down one of my cats, and worrying for my day job to the point I couldn't sleep at night. Once that settled, my grandmother, who helped raise me, got really sick and eventually passed away. Two days later, my ankle swelled up due to all the running around I had to do to organize the funeral and I ended up with my leg in a cast for almost 2 weeks. More stress at the workplace, followed by even more stress, and that brings us to December.

The only bright spot this year was February 8th, when I met my partner. I love you, babe, and thank you for being there for me through all these! I hope you will always be by my side.

With everything going on, it's no wonder my writing has been suffering. In 2015 I've published only 2 short stories, one was freebie for Goodreads' event, and  one for Wayward Ink Publishing - Chance Encounter. A novel, Nature of the Beast, has been contracted and will be released in 2016 by Wayward.

On a personal level, this has been a year of personal growth and development.  I feel older (well, duh!), wiser, perhaps a bit less rushed. Professionally, I seem to be in exact same place where I've started, and that sucks, so I will try to make 2016 the best both personal and carrier wise.

I will not make formal resolutions, but in the coming year, I will spend more time with my partner, and I will write more. Until June, I will have finished at least 3 books, with 3 more by the end of December. This means putting in at least 2000 words per day. That's a lot for me, so I will have to sleep less and use every free minute to work on the stories. But I hope I'll manage to do so, because, by the end of next year, I want to be able to say that I am a full time writer!

May 2016 be better for everyone and may all your dreams come true!
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, first of all, and tons of hugs, Aimmee :) I know this has been a difficult year for you, but I think you are forgetting a few bright points. Well, at least they are, in my book :D I got to meet you this year, get to know your books and characters, and then enjoyed your company during our trip to Munich. I know you missed your flight and all... But hey, you met a few authors you adore, had your first very successful panel, and enjoyed the Munich Pride :D

    I do hope 2016 brings you everything you want it to, and then some <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, my dear. May 2016 be everything you dream it would be.
      And you are right, I did forget these. Then again, I feel I've known you for a loong time, so forgive me for not thinking it was just less than a year. <3 :D

      Delete