Sunday, October 30, 2016

Excerpt Sunday - Behind the Mask (Tangled Bonds book 2)

"I think we have a problem."
My stomach tightened to knots. My mind blanked. No. I couldn't do this.
"There's someone here to see you."
I didn't see that coming.
"Huh?"
"There are two men downstairs."
"The police?"
"No."
Slowly, the fuzziness cleaned out, though the tiredness remained. I heard the hesitation in his voice, felt the tension in his body.
"I don't understand." I tried to drag myself to a sitting position. A thousand needles stabbed my flesh. My breath caught in my chest. Tears pooled at the corners of my eyes.
"Easy. Take it easy."
"What's going on?"
"I told you, we have company."
"Where is Sari? Stefan?"
Chris hesitated and the caressing halted for a second.
"Sari is not here. Stefan...is not happy about the visitors."
And then I heard it. The low growling of werewolves coming from downstairs, muted by the hardwood floors between us. Oh crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment